Hi, friends!
Where and how should I even start this blog post? So much has happened since the last time I posted here. I looked back and realized my last post was from 2019. Wow!
I’ve had so much going on since then, and I really wish I could have kept up with blogging. I’ll try to make this as easy as possible to catch up on everything that has happened over the years.
2019–2020: A Lot Happened!
Of course, 2020 was a wild year. Pretty much everyone reading this knows what happened: the COVID-19 pandemic.
But even before that, life was already changing.
My Best Friend
2019: My best friend, who had recently gotten married, ended up getting divorced. Her husband cheated on her and was caught.
Current update: She’s still working in corrections and has one more semester left in her Radiation Therapy program. I’m so proud of her!
She recently told me that she and her new boyfriend are doing well and are planning to move in together. Don’t worry—I’ve met him, and I really like him for her. He is way, way, way better for her. Honestly, I feel like he was a Godsend compared to her exes and ex-husband.
I’m so happy for her! ❤️
Career Changes
2019: I was thinking about going to graduate school after finishing my BFA in Art, or possibly joining the Air Force as an officer.
Current update: Well… no grad school and no Air Force officer career!
I currently work in the parts department of a dealership. I started there during the pandemic because the bookstore I was working at was struggling, and I knew I probably wasn’t going to have much of a future there anyway.
I actually really like my job. I originally started as a porter, thanks to a friend/technician who helped me get the job. Later, with some moral support, I worked up the courage to ask to apply for an open position in the parts department. Here I am, almost five years later, and I’m at the top of my parts team!
I had been thinking about leaving because I wanted to do something different and make more money. I make decent money now—enough to be stable—but most of it goes toward loans and debt, so I’m still trying to get ahead.
I’ve been thinking about possibly going into one of two different fields: healthcare or coding. We’ll see what happens because there are some changes happening at work right now.
If things become too much for me to handle, I may have to make a change. My job can be stressful because I work on commission, and my pay depends on other people finishing their work. It can be frustrating compared to having a steady hourly wage.
My Art
2019: I wanted to continue pursuing art, possibly even going to graduate school for something like Art in Medicine. I wanted to perfect my art because, looking back, getting through my art degree was kind of a loophole for me as well as a stressful form of relief.
Does that make sense?
Current update: I still miss doing art!
If I were to get back into art now, I think it would be more of a stress-relief activity or hobby rather than something I want to pursue as a career.
I’ve actually learned a lot more about art by watching TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube, too. There are so many talented artists and tutorials online now!
Re-Educating Myself
2019: I wanted to re-educate myself.
I felt like I was getting rusty because I had been out of school for a while and was forgetting a lot of things I had learned. My math, grammar, and other school subjects were slowly fading from my memory. I wanted to use YouTube and old-school textbooks to refresh my knowledge and keep my mind educated.
I know there are plenty of people out there who are grammar Nazis, while others struggle with grammar. As someone with a learning disability, I’ve always felt like I wasn’t challenged or educated as well as I could have been in school, which made college a struggle for me. That’s why I wanted to re-educate myself—not necessarily to become some genius, but just to feel more mentally mature, knowledgeable, and confident.
Current update: Still haven’t really tried. LOL.
I’m doing somewhat better just by dealing with everyday work and life and trying to learn and comprehend things better. I even bought a book to read, but I never made it past the first chapter. 😂
Recently, I downloaded the Kindle app on my phone and started using Audible so I can read and listen at the same time. I really wanted an actual Kindle, but I told myself I’m not allowed to buy one until I’ve read 10 books total. I might even write summaries and share them with my besties because they love reading!
YouTube and Vlogging
2019: I wanted to start vlogging on YouTube because I thought I would have more time once I was just working and living life.
Current update: LOL. WRONG.
I probably could have vlogged, but there was just way too much going on—even during the pandemic.
I wanted to have a fun life, but instead, I was still struggling with a lot of mental and financial issues. I was supposed to vlog our trip to San Diego Comic-Con, but that was a complete fail. That trip deserves its own post because there is a lot more to that story. Hopefully, I’ll actually write it!
In October 2026, we’re planning to go to Japan, and hopefully I’ll have my vlogging and photography stuff ready for the trip.
The Pandemic and My Mom
During the pandemic, my mom was very lucky because she was able to have her breast cancer surgery right before COVID really started affecting everything.
I took about two weeks of FMLA to help take care of her. Then I went back to work, only to find out about three weeks later that we were being furloughed because of the COVID pandemic.
That’s how I ended up taking the job as a porter.
It honestly wasn’t too bad, and I made way more money than I expected. Sadly, it was also my first full-time job at 29 years old.
Eventually, I left the bookstore, and it ended up being a really big change for me.
My mom is doing much better, thankfully. They caught her cancer before it progressed to a later stage, and I’m incredibly grateful for that.
Love, Engagement, and Everything In Between ❤️
Well… your girl is no longer single!
After all these years of boys being boys, I finally met someone who genuinely wants me in his life.
We started dating in late spring of 2021, and then, in July 2025, we got engaged in San Diego!!!
Definitely God's timing. ❤️
Of course, life hasn’t been all happy moments.
We also lost both of our grandmothers around the same period, between 2024 and 2025.
Their deaths also happened around the time of our San Diego trip, which is one of the reasons that trip didn’t go as planned.
There’s a lot more to that story, so I’ll probably have to make another post about it.
Health, Accidents, and More Changes
I also went through three car accidents in one year.
Thankfully, I’m okay. I’ve dealt with neck pain since then, and I’ve recently started seeing a chiropractor because I’m trying to get back to focusing on my health.
I also gained about 60 pounds since the car accident in 2021.
Now I’m trying to lose that weight—and hopefully a little more—for our Japan trip and our wedding in 2026/2027.
A Lot of Loss
Between my family and my fiancé’s family, we’ve experienced four deaths in the family.
We also lost a neighbor who was very kind to my fiancé and had become almost like a friend to him. He died by suicide, and my fiancé struggled with feeling like he could have somehow prevented it.
On top of all that, we’ve dealt with losing jobs, trying to find a place to live, financial struggles, and many other problems.
We’ve been through a LOT.
And honestly, we’re still battling some of those problems today.
So… What’s Next?
I could keep going, but I think I might have to save the rest for another post. 😂
Hopefully, I can actually keep up with blogging this time!
I’m sorry it took me so long to post here. Life really got away from me, but I’m hoping to change that.
I might also be getting into some online streaming soon! I finally got into D&D with my besties, so there will hopefully be plenty of nerdy content coming your way.
Stay tuned for more nerdy stuff! 🎲✨
And don’t forget to follow me on my other social media! The links are available on the “Follow Me” tab. ☺️
Thanks for sticking around and catching up with me!
Until next time! ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment